Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon

Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon
Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park, Maine Workshops

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yellowstone: the introspective landscape Part III

Chapter 3-

First Impressions-

from my new book on Yellowstone National Park

Driving up from the spectacular Teton Valley and Jackson Hole, I did not think nor expected that geology could top the “Shock Factor” of the towers that are the Tetons. As I drove into West Thumb junction near Yellowstone Lake and saw peculiar billows of steam that rose above the trees, did I feel something not grandiose in the sense of the standing massif of Grand Teton rising above me, but something more intimate like some immense primordial force from our antecedent creature life. A supreme force that not only existed before the rocks on Grand Teton, but the force that created those rocks on Grand Teton. I discover the genesis of all things earthly: our earth’s soul. Here, Its superheated core touches the sky. Yellowstone is not just the mother of all national parks. It is, in a way, the mother of all things.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment