Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon

Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon
Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park, Maine Workshops

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yellowstone: the introspective landscape- Part IX

The Luck of the Shoshone-

excerpts from my new photographic book-

Chapter 5- continued...

Owning a bicycle shop in Livingston had some perks other then a great place to ride. It was a good place to meet friends. Especially well known transplants from the east and west that came out to Montana to live the good life. Some of these people are famous. Writers, actors, TV personalities and other paparazzi of the outside world as well as famous magazine editor and writer, Tim Cahill, editor of Rolling Stone magazine and co-editorial-founder of Outside Magazine He was not only a good customer, but also a good friend at the time. Tim not only a big man, but a big man with a big heart. When I was starting my bicycle business, Tim helped me out and helped to introduce the community to me. After seven years or so, he also knew that I wanted to get out of the bike business and back into the creative fields. Deep down, he might have thought it would be a good way to get me off his back from trying to get him onto the bike for a much needed workout on my daily shop rides. Well, one day he needed something to do so he could write about it- no, he didn’t make up all those great Outside magazine stories! They’re true. So one day, after dinner at his house, he invited me along to shoot this trip he had thought about doing. He would then mail the slides along with the story and maybe they might be picked by the photo editor. Thusly, project me on my way to a successful editorial photographer. Of course I jumped at the chance.

to be continued...

Please support this blog by clicking on our sponsor's ad links!

No comments:

Post a Comment