Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon

Read what's been happening on Salvatore's Horizon
Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park, Maine Workshops

Monday, March 15, 2010

Yellowstone: the introspective landscape Part XXII

from the new book on Yellowstone NP-

Chapter 9-Chased by Maidens- ...continued

Knowing these bison are not going to stop until they stomp my little body into dirt, I needed a diversion and soon found one in a group of tourists parked along the road to take pictures of the main herd in the valley. I make a beeline to the group of tourists. The tourists see me coming. They also see the bison coming up from behind me. I’m sure the tourists saying things like, “Hey, honey check out this guy, he’s going to get gored to death! Let’s take a picture of him gored to death.” Now I’m not usually a vindictive person, but these wildlife watchers are in store for some “Wild-Life”!
As I make it to the cars, the intended diversion unfolds as I walk between the cars. My eyes are now focused to the other side of the road and freedom. Behind me are hear gasps and screams. The screams from tourists who are now confronted with the dilemma were they once laughed at my expense. Slams of car doors and metal thumps indicate the tourists have either jumped into them or on top of them. Knowing the bison are now focused on the tourists. I then circle around the cars and return back to my focusing cloth and flowers. Those flower bloom photographs came out just great. I was treated to one of those beautiful purple-pink sunset after-glows later that day. One of them, “Lupines, Lamar Valley” is presented in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment